Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dis-Comfort Zone

Bad habits keep sneaking up behind me and yelling boo!  One of them happens to be my complete and total lack of patience.  I'm one of those people who wants everything yesterday.

It's a personality trait that has proven to be as much of a flaw as it has a strength.  In many ways, it keeps me motivated; striving to do my very best in good time.  But it's also brought me down a path where I rush into situations...many of which don't turn out so great.

Hence, I find myself in a current quandary.  Wanting to indulge in something before the dish is fully baked.  It's taking all I've got to defy my instincts and resist the temptation to dig in.  Old habits are indeed hard to break.

Just because something doesn't feel natural - doesn't make it wrong.  Particularly when past experiences prove that very point; that not everything that's meant to be happens overnight.  Maybe a slow stew is just what the doctor ordered.  In due time, I'll learn my fate.

So here I sit...way out of my Comfort Zone.  Sitting awkwardly still, hoping not to make any mistakes.  All the while, vague on exactly what is taking place - because for the first time in a long time, I am not pushing for the here and now.  Instead, I'm looking down the road...trusting that whatever lie ahead is for the best.  

Knowing in my heart, that taking things as they come affords me time to think things through. To really know what I want before jumping headlong in, as I've done so many times before.

The Universe is always at work...and I need not try to control the outcome of everything happening in my life.  No matter what happens, it's all as it should be.  

Sometimes it's nice to just go along for the ride.

Sweet Dreams,
Me

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

No comments:

Post a Comment