Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Apron Pockets

Putting Sweet Dreams into motion is harder than I thought. 

The ideas exist.  Of those, there are no shortage.  It's the logistics that get me.  Oh, and that one other little detail...Money.  My Apron Pockets have little more than Flour in them right now.

All morning I've been dreaming up Design Ideas and how I'd want the Bakery to look (as I already know how I want the Inn to appear).  But as they say, looks aren't everything.  In the case of a business - it couldn't be more true.

I need a plan - a Business Plan.  Obviously a Bakery/Inn is not something I have the funds to acquire.  I'd need generous Investors.  Now...this is uncharted territory for me.  Big Time.  Where do I begin???

Practically speaking, I imagine it wise to start with one of the two projects - rather than attempting to tackle both at once.  That said, a Bakery seems most doable.  

The Bakery from "It's Complicated"
I can see it my mind's eye.  I even know the Perfect Location.  Inside, it would look like the Bakery from the movie, "It's Complicated"...equally as French yet smaller in size. 
 
I want the exterior to look Vintage...with white-washed walls, a striped awning to make it look quaint and huge store-front windows to tempt passersby.

Black Chalkboards will announce what the Confectionery Menu entails.  Finally, seating will invite Sweet Cravings to take flight.  It would be a worker's Sugar High before they traipse into work.

The Bakery from "It's Complicated"

I can see it, I can smell every Sweet Scent...I just have to do it.  It is scary though.  But I must remember, people do this every day.  Entrepreneurs open shops and start businesses all the time.  Why shouldn't I be one of them...right?

Sweet Dreams, 
Me

"All men dream, but not all equally.  Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake to find it was all vanity.  But dreamers of the day are dangerous, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes and make things happen." - T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)


No comments:

Post a Comment