Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fairytale Pending

It was Valentine's Day (night) last eve.  And so, naturally, a single girlfriend and I opted for the most absurd of all absurdities.  We signed up for a sap-fest - going to see a Romantic movie with a Fairytale Ending.  Idiotic, right?  Yes, indeed.

In what we thought was a wise choice, we passed on cocktails with the ladies.  Instead, subjecting ourselves to the afflictions of manufactured love.  The kind of love we hope exists, but probably doesn't in such Perfect form.  The kind we may have experienced when we were younger; before we all had an airline's worth of emotional baggage...packed with fear and resistance.

Spoiler alert:  We left the theater emotionally drained and full of mostly unrealistic notions of what real Romance should be.  Ho hum...

Despite serving as Cupid's punching bag at times...I've somehow managed to remain a Hopeless Romantic.  So the Silver Screen scripts addressing matters of the heart only remind me of what I strive for in a relationship.

This, too, is a large part of my Sweet Dream.

I've been warned more than once - that this kind of Love only happens in Fairytales...but I truly beg to differ.  I know it's out there.  I know because I've felt it before.

As time marches on...I've vowed not to settle on anything that doesn't make my chest pound.  And not to give my energy to any guy who doesn't appreciate all that my Heart and Soul can offer.  It'll take a man, not a boy, to lure my love.   One who says Hell Yeah when it comes to me.  Anything less, and I'll be forced to say No Thanks, I deserve more than that.

I want the Prince who rides in on his White Horse and has the guts to sweep me off my feet.  The guy who just knows that I'm the girl of his dreams...and won't risk losing me for anything in the world.

Sweet Dreams, 
Me 

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.  Find my soul and I'm yours forever." - Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. I know you're going to update all this, but it was still lovely to read this post of a year ago today. I've always loved seeing the results of your baking frenzy when you posted the pics even though I never got to taste it!

    ReplyDelete