Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Renovating Me

Sitting here in delicious solitude on my comfy couch, I'm trying to negotiate the space between where I am, where I've been and, naturally, where I want to be.  I've certainly made progress....there's no doubt about that.  

So much of my Sweet Dream has been about renovating my life and finding myself again; really finding the Me who'd disappeared for a while.  

In the process, letting go of difficult memories and allowing old wounds to heal has served me well.  There's no point in hanging on to such things...they only weigh you down and squelch your potential to be happy.  This much I have learned.  And I am too optimistic a person to allow negativity to be my neighbor.  I'd sooner move off the block.

Sometimes the past is best left there...even with the good things.  No matter how much we wonder and question whether some or all of it belongs in our present or even our future...the outcome isn't solely our choice.  Putting ourselves out there, no matter how terrifying that can be, is all we can do.  

Then and only then can we Walk Away with a true sense of peace - knowing that we lived honestly and shared a beautiful piece of ourselves.  In that, there can be no regret.   What the Universe does from there - isn't up to us.

But moving forward - IS.  There is no purpose in holding on to anything that doesn't wish to be held.  Let go.  And whatever it is you seek...will come and find you. Release your ego into the atmosphere and allow what holds you back to drift away. 

In the meantime, move confidently in Tomorrow's direction and live Today to the fullest. Waste no bit of energy on that which doesn't captivate your spirit and seize your heart.  What is meant to be in your life will find it's way there - no matter how challenging the path.  

Sweet Dreams,
Me


"Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength.  However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it." - Ann Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment