Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweet Dream Awakening

One year has passed since my Sweet Dream awakened me.  I'm still rubbing the past from my eyes - but I can say with certitude that I see my future much more clearly now.  

As I reflect back on where this Journey began and where I am today - the woman I see looking back at me in the mirror - is the woman I remember me to be. All-Loving, All-Powerful and finally and most importantly - All Me again.

While none of us is ever truly done growing - at last, I feel Whole again.  For so long, I felt broken...a shadow of the person I had once been.  Fearful, uncertain and somewhat lost; beaten down by life's trials and tribulations - that is who I had allowed myself to become.  And everything that followed - only fulfilled that same prophecy over and over.  

I didn't believe in Me anymore.  I didn't Trust in Me - constantly questioning my judgment, my instincts, my fate.  In my quest for My Life - I had undoubtedly lost sight of Myself.  

It took twelve months of soul searching and practicing thy Self - to get to the heart of the matter.  For me, that meant releasing my fears...and letting my vulnerable side be seen; witnessed by all of those who cross my path.  It was scary, for sure.  I felt naked; worried that I wasn't good enough, that something awful would happen.

But guess what?  Nothing negative happened.  Not a darn thing. I didn't get hurt, I didn't fail, I didn't lose anything.  In fact, in showing my Truest Self to all - I gained more than I could have ever dreamed.  

I am comfortable in my skin again...for I am living Authentically.  Ever the affectionate one, not a day goes by where I don't tell the people in my life how much I love them.  This not only pleases them, but it keeps my overflowing heart from bursting at the seams and fills me with an inexplicable joy. Coming from a place of Pure Love is who I have always been and that practice will never steer you wrong.  Somehow I'd let Life smother that.  No more.

Acceptance of what the Universe has in store is also at the core.  Knowing that the best I can do - is to do the best I can do - while leaving the rest up to fate has freed me from worry.  I possess a Serenity now - the likes of which I can't remember feeling ever before.  

Somehow knowing that I can't control everything (or anything) despite my greatest efforts - has been the grandest gift of all.  Understanding that you cannot make things happen, or make people love you the way you deserve or force things to stay as they are - is the ultimate Freedom; the ultimate Power.  

For once you give in to the idea that there is, indeed, a Plan...things just somehow fall into place.  Why not watch with reckless abandon - to see where it all ends up?  Let go of the reigns and let Life take the lead. The outcome may be miles away from where you thought you'd be - but that's your Journey.  Yours and yours alone to take.

And you are...exactly where you are meant to be.

Sweet Dreams, 
Me

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." - e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment