Friday, July 13, 2012

Sifting Through the Crashes

From time to time, just when we think we have it all figured out; all buttoned-up and neat...the rug is pulled out from underneath us.  Truth is, we probably saw it coming a mile away.

Instead of refusing to go down that road with our headlights full-blast, we turned a blind-eye and drove in the dark toward Hope.  Leaving no one to blame but ourselves.

It's okay.  So long as we learn from it...it's okay.  Life is a journey, not a race as they say.  And even if we have to Sift Through the Crashes along life's highway, Hope is what lights our way.

I've written before about following our instincts...and how they never steer you wrong.  Yet they do have the clever ability to masquerade as something other than the truth.  That seed of doubt planted in your subconscious - soon enough becomes that fear you just need to get past.  It becomes a challenge of sorts.  Rather than serving as a warning; we put in the paranoia drawer and slide it closed hoping it will disappear.  

When it doesn't go away - it dawns on us that it never will.  Then suddenly that drawer is overflowing, unable to be contained.  

That's when the reality strikes. 

As dire as it sounds, it's all part of the learning curve.   When you have an open heart, disappointment is bound to make its way in.  But you cannot allow that Light inside to be put out.  In fact, you must absolutely refuse.

It's at those moments we need to ask ourselves why we went down the street labeled closed, rather than taking the designated detour?  For me, the answer has always been what if...?    What if it turns out differently than my instincts say?  What if, what if, what if...  

Fact is, your instincts don't lie.  They're the one thing in life that will always tell you the truth. You just have to be listening.  Like a loyal dog nestled at your feet, they're innately on your side...there to protect you at all costs.  

A dear friend lovingly advised me to look inside myself to figure out what was causing me to take the wrong paths; specifically, what was attracting me to those errant routes?  Suggesting that perhaps my GPS was off.

While I don't doubt there is some truth to that, I do believe that although I may not always choose the easiest path...I do know where I'm going.  Sure, I'll hit a few speed bumps along the way...but I truly believe they're all on my Life's Map.  The reason?  I have yet to find out.

I'm almost there, I know this much.  Each pothole I meet, shakes me back awake; reminding me of what it is I seek...reminding me of my truth.  

Most importantly, I believe in me and where I'm headed.  I know how far I've come.  Step by step...I'll get there.  Until one day, the road will narrow.  And there the rest of my life will be.

Until then, I'm living in the Now.

Sweet Dreams, 
Me

"When you find your path, you must not be afraid.  You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes.  Disappointment, defeat and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.: - Paulo Coehlo, Brida

No comments:

Post a Comment