Friday, June 8, 2012

Back to the Cutting Board

It's all too easy to lose your appetite when you feel satiated by certain needs being met.  In essence, you forget to chew; you forget to savor each bite.  Instead, swallowing in one heaping gulp.  Which, let's face it, doesn't always go down so well.

Guilty as charged.

During this quest for my Sweet Dream, I have learned so much about life.  Most importantly, about myself. But every once in a while...I need to check back in, like a guest at my very own Inn, to remind myself what this Journey is all about.  Now is that time.  

It's back to the Cutting Board.

Although some things are seemingly falling into place, they've likely done so because my Sweet Dream has kept Me staying true to Me.  Therefore I've had all the right ingredients to attract the people who genuinely belong in my life.   But once my Focus falls by the wayside, so too, does my Journey to my Truest Self.  And then, inevitably, everything else.

So here I am.  Checking in....with little old ME.  Headed back to the kitchen to heat the oven to full blast.  

As a woman, it's my nature to focus on others; taking the focus off of myself.  But that's where we go wrong.  Like any good recipe, there's room for improvisation, but you need to stick to a basic plan.  In my case, that plan is to find the things - and DO the things that make me smile and put me at peace.  It's about seeking out things that fulfill ME.  

Once I'm in that place...that happy place...I am who I am meant to be.  And that's something no one can ever take away.  Unless I let them.  

And I'm vowing here and now to never let that be the case.  

Sweet Dreams, 
Me

"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves." - Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment